Interior designers have a fantastic, but challenging task of staying current with both design trends and customized client taste. I’ve worked with a few interior designers and I am amazed at how diverse and informed they need to be to succeed in their work.
Many interior designers are solopreneuers, which means time is already at a premium. Creating a quality content marketing strategy isn’t about getting design ideas as much as it is about time management and what to share on your blog. The more you can carve out a half-hour to share a quality post via your blog or social media, the more you position yourself as an authority on interior design.
If you’re an interior designer looking for great blog and content ideas, try out these categories to kickstart your next blog post.
Before/After Interior Design pictures
The most powerful feature of interior design is obvious: the visual effect. Sharing before and after photos of interior design projects is a fantastic piece of content. Tip: your photographer is as important as your interior design work, so choose carefully! Posting great pictures of a quality interior design project gives your clients a great link to show off your work with their friends and family (read: future prospects!)
- 1940s Farmhouse Turned Contemporary Starter Home (Pictures!)
- Newly Finished Basement: The Best Man Cave in the Neighborhood (Pictures!)
- See What Sherwin-Williams and Elbow Grease Did to this Old Kitchen (Pictures!)
Nature is built on an extremely colorful palette that changes with each season. Interior designers can leverage all seasons into content ideas to fit each season.
- Five Colors Guaranteed to Prep Your Home for Fall
- Want Your House to Smell Like Christmas? Try These Candle Scents!
- Spring Is a Great Time for Painting These Colors
Explaining color combinations
The truth is many people need help understanding the relationship of certain shades and colors, what clashes, compliments, and why.
- Why Black Does Go With Everything (And Other Color Schemes to Compliment It!)
- Red, White, and Blue Isn’t Just for Independence Day
- Great Color Schemes to Match Your Geography
Answer common questions about Interior Design
Part of any successful content marketing approach is answering many of the common questions asked by potential clients.
- What’s the difference between an interior designer and an interior decorator?
- What should my budget be for interior design?
- What’s your interior design process for new clients, and how long should it take?
Room Styles and Design
A master bedroom suite has a more
- 7 Principles for Redesigning Your Master Bedroom Suite
- Guest Bathroom Design Ideas (Because Seaside Only Goes So Far)
- Kitchen Design Trends for 2015
- Baby Nursery Ideas that Mom and Baby Both Enjoy
- Natural Wood Reclamations for Interior Design (From Driftwood to Pallets, and Everything In-Between)